Czech Open Faced Sandwiches/ Obložené Chlebí?ky
photo by Czech Chef 88
- Ready In:
80 open faced sandwiches
- 2 (50 cm) French baguettes
- 2 (25 cm) French baguettes
- 20 tablespoons potato salad
- 20 slices ham
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- sweet Hungarian paprika
- 5 slices Hungarian Salami
- 1 liter dill pickle
- 200 ml pickled peppers
- 100 g dry parmesan cheese
- 400 g emmenthaler cheese
- 2 (15 cm) smoked kielbasa
- 2 (100 g) cans anchovies
- 20 g fresh dill sprigs
- Begin with preparing the ingredients starting with the baguettes, by slicing the large baguettes into 2cm wide slices (approx.) and the small baguettes into 1cm slices (approx.).
- Boil the eggs.
- Slice the following, boiled eggs, half the dill pickles long ways and the other half side ways, long ways will be for the large baguette slices and the side ways slices which should look like circles will be used for the small baguette slices, kielbasa and the cheese into thin squares so they fit the small baguette slices.
- Though depending on the size of the baguettes, this should leave you with approximately 80 slices, 40 large and 40 small.
- The ingredients that I have listed are for 4 different topping styles of these sandwiches.
- On the first half of the large slices begin by spreading a thin layer of the potato salad, followed by ham, slice of boiled egg and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Top the remaining half of the large slices with a thin layer of mayonnaise, salami, dill pickles, piece of pickled pepper and a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- On the first half of the small slices begin by lightly spreading the home-made mayonnaise, adding the slice of cheese, kielbasa and a piece of pickled pepper. Pierce through the center using a toothpick.
- The remaining half of the small slices will be topped with a light spreading of butter, slice of cheese, small slice of pickle, one anchovy and sprinkle of chopped dill.
- Let them chill in the fridge for approximately 20 minutes and then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!