Cut out Sugar Cookies
photo by Portae
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- parchment paper
- Cream together softened butter and confectioners sugar.
- Whisk egg and flavor extracts in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix until egg is thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture, little by little, to the butter/sugar/egg mixture. You can tell the dough is ready when most of it sticks to the paddle. When touched, it has a little big, but does not stick to fingers.
- Roll out 1/4inch thick onto parchment paper. Dust as necessary with confectioners sugar instead of flour.
- Cut with your favorite cookie cutters, place on baking pan, and bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- For high altitude, add 1/4 cup of flour and reduce sugar by 2 tablespoons bake at 415 for 4 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!