Curry Tuna Fish Sandwiches
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 1 can tuna in water, drained (alabacore tastes best)
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- curry powder (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons green onions, chopped
- 2 whole dill pickles, diced (Claussen tastes the best)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices toasted whole wheat bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 -4 slices tomatoes
- Toast the bread.
- Mix the first seven ingredients.
- Lay lettuce leaves down on each slice of bread.
- Spoon the tuna mixture and top with the tomato and top bread slice.
- Serves 2 generous sandwiches.
- Also, the tuna can be mixed the night before for cool, refreshing sandwiches.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This made a wonderful quick weeknight dinner with a cup of soup on the side. The curry powder is a nice addition and blends well with other ingredients. For DH the sandwich was made on jalapeno cheese bread and for me the salad was served minus the bread. Made for *A TASTE OF YELLOW for LIVESTRONG DAY!* in the photo forum.