Curry Chicken from Scratch
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 -6 pieces chicken (with or without skin and bones)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped (can used canned)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the flour in a bowl, season it with salt and pepper, and coat the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour.
- Using a pan that can go from stove to oven, melt the butter on top of the stove. After the butter has melted, put the chicken in to brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add the olive oil and curry powder to the pan with the drippings, and let the curry powder start to foam to bring out the flavor. Then add the garlic, green pepper, and onion to sauté. When it’s all browned a bit, add the tomatoes and stir it up.
- Put the chicken back in with the sauce, and place it in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until it’s all bubbly and the chicken is cooked through. (Boneless breast pieces will take less time than dark meat on the bone.).
- While the chicken is in the oven, toast some slivered almonds (as many or as few as you like) on the stove or in the oven to sprinkle on top at the end.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wish I could give this a better rating, but to me it just lacked flavor. I didn't expect a spicy curry from this recipe, but even so, I was somewhat disapointed. I did add extra chili and it still was pretty flat. It might be good for children, or for first time curry tasters, but I don't think I will be making it again. Sorry :(