Curried Spinach Salad
I've used this at potlucks and dinner parties. It serves 12 people, so feel free to adjust to your needs. The dressing shouldn't be added until just before serving. Prep time includes the sitting time for the dressing!
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- 3 golden delicious apples, unpeeled, cored, and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chutney, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Remove stems from spinach; wash leaves thoroughly, and pat dry. Tear into bite size pieces.
- Combine spinach, apple, peanuts, raisins, green onions, and sesame seeds in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Dressing: Combine white wine vinegar, chutney, salt, curry powder, dry mustard, and hot sauce. Gradually add oil, beating with a wire whisk until blended. Cover and let stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Other than halving the recipe made this as posted, except cut down a little bit on the raisins. The dfressing was exceptionally flavorful, and made for a nice compliment with dinner . Made for a nice twist on a salad, that was served with a Spinach Pie that made for a nice complete meal. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
Outstanding - I made it more intensely flavored by doubling all the dressing ingredients except the vinegar, oil and salt. Love the combo of ingredients and curry/chutney flavor, which I don't think I've had before in a salad. Direction #3 should probably be moved up to #1, since you don't need to assemble the salad until your dressing has stood for two hours.