Curried Potato Peel Soup
- Ready In:
6 1/2 Cups
- In a heavy kettle cook the onion in butter over moderate heat, stirring, until it is softened. Add the curry and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the potato skins, garlic, stock and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes or until the skins are tender.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Puree with stick blender.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper and heat.
- Soup improves in flavor if allowed to cool, uncovered and shilled, covered overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.