Curried Marmalade - Mustard Chicken
A yummy coating for bbq'd/roasted chicken. The chicken needs to marinate for an hour before cooking.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 cup seville orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 (4 lb) chicken, quartered
- Simmer marmalade, mustard, honey, curry and lemon juice in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
- (can be made up to 3 days ahead) Brush chicken pieces on all sides with half of this glaze.
- Let stand 1 hour at room temperature.
- Season with salt and pepper Grill in oven or bbq at medium heat.
- Brush with remaining glaze and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I used this remarkable tasting glaze on a Cornish hen. I made the curry yesterday as suggested so the flavors were really savory and intense and so wonderful tasting. I basted the glaze on during the roasting time, and the hen was so succulent. I used Recipe #289383 as the curry base. Oh just delightful! I also used cookiedog's idea regarding the coconut....yum!! Thank you evelyn/athens. Made for *ZWT4* June 2008.