Curried Lentils With Spinach
- Ready In:
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb spinach leaves, washed, stemmed & chopped
- 14 ounces canned plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Wash lentils. Cook till tender but firm.
- Heat olive oil in large pot & when hot add garlic. Sautee for 1 minute. Add spinach leaves & steam till they wilt. Add lentils & rest of ingredients.
- Cover & simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was worth making. It's more of a subtle flavored dish. I did add a cup of minced onion and sauted it with the garlic. I also doubled all the spices but the curry which I only added one more teaspoon to. Also, my tomatoes had basil in them. Thanks for the recipe! I'm sure I'll make this again sometime.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a writer, chief cook and bottle washer, GS leader, hunter of bargains and all-around domestic goddess. I love trying new recipes, and my daughters refer to Alton Brown as "Mom's boyfriend." I read voraciously, to the detriment of the hypothetical cleanliness of my house. I think white chocolate should be illegal, since it's not chocolate. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">