Curried Green Tomato Casserole
This time of year I love green tomato recipes. Where do all those tomatoes come from? This is a quick easy casserole and quite tasty. Leave off the crumbs if you wish but not the Parmesan
- Ready In:
- 8 medium green tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (more if you wish)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (use lite if you wish)
- 1⁄2 cup buttered breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet cook the tomatoes and onions until very soft (if there is a lot of fluid you may want to drain some off before adding the sour cream).
- Stir in the curry powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Let the mixture cool and stir in the sour cream.
- Pour into lightly buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with crumbs and parmesan.
- Bake in 350F degrees oven until the casserole is bubbly and the topping is well browned (about 30- 45 minutes).
- You can prepare ahead and pop it in the oven 45 minutes before dinner.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more