Curried Grape and Rice Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper (or yellow, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon mint, chopped (or cilantro)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Rice: In a sauce pan, saute the onions with the curry powder. Add the rice and liquids; bring to a boil, reduce and cook for 45 minutes or until rice has absorbed the liquid. Cool.
- Salad: In a bowl with the rice, combine the grapes, chicken, peppers and mint.
- Dressing: Combine vinegar, olive oil, curry powder, sugar, garlic, salt, ginger and pepper.
- To serve: Add half the dressing to the salad and combine. Chill for 2 - 24 hours. Just before serving, test the seasoning and add more dressing if needed. Use the rest of the dressing elsewhere.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!