Curried Fried Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten with a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced or pressed)
- 1 tablespoon curry paste or 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh peas or 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil, add beaten eggs and cook on moderately high heat.
- When the edges begin to set, lift them with a spatula and tilt the pan to allow uncooked egg to run under (onto the hot skillet).
- After 2 or 3 minutes, when the bottom is set, flip the omelet over. You may need to cut it into sections to flip it. As soon as it’s fully cooked, transfer it from skillet to plate.
- Cut egg into long, 1/2″ wide strips and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet and heat the 2 tablespoons of oil on medium heat. Add the garlic and curry powder/paste. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach. Stir-fry on high until the spinach just wilts.
- Add the rice and peas and cook until heated through. Add in egg strips, soy sauce and lemon/lime juice.
- Add more soy sauce to taste (or not). Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!