Curried Couscous With Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 lb large peeled shrimp (thawed)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Cook shallot and pine nuts over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until shallot is tender and pine nuts lightly browned.
- Add shrimp, vegetables, curry powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a gentle boil and stir in couscous.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!