Curried Couscous and Chicken Salad.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup toasted almond, finely chopped
- 1 cup red grapes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in microwave or saucepan.
- Combine couscous, raisins, and curry powder in a medium bowl. Stir in broth, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl mix mayonnaise, ginger, and lemon juice. Add chicken, celery, green onions, almonds, and cooled couscous mixture. Toss gently. Fold in grapes and parsley. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used some chicken poached in broth and stuck pretty much exactly to the recipe. I was worried that the amount of mayonnaise would make it heavy or greasy, but it turned out quite light and just moist enough. I found it to be a good mix of flavors and textures that satisfied a group of kids as well as the adults. It was good warm and fresh as well as out of the fridge the next day.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the wife of my wonderful husband John and the mother of 3 boys, Zander 5yrs, Asher 2 1/2yrs, and Tiernan 10 months. We live in and love Alaska. I love to hike and camp and go running in the mountains. I work part time as a hairstylist in a little salon in my home. I also enjoy scrap-booking, photography, and reading a really good book(my latest was Twilight by Stephenie Meyer). And I love to cook, especially bake! How I rate recipes: 5 Stars - This recipe is perfect. I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. 4 Stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. 3 Stars - This is a recipe I would not make again, but it was ok. 2 Stars - I would not make this recipe again and we didn't like it at all. 1 Star - This recipe did not work out or the taste was unappealing and I wouldn't make it again.