Curried Chicken Salad With Fruit
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 large celery rib, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, diced (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, curry powder, cumin and coriander; mix well.
- Add chicken, celery, onion, pineapple and cranberries and toss to cover all with the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper, to your taste.
Join The Conversation
We really liked this chicken salad. Easy to put together. The curry flavor complimented the fruit so well. We served between toasted whole-grain English muffins. UPDATE: today I had this chicken salad between slices of recipe #416610 for lunch at work today - yum! Thanks Starrynews! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
I scaled this back for one cup which was just enough for the DS and I to have a sandwich each and very flavoursome too which we both thoroughly enjoyed and left me wishing I had scaled it back to 2 cups so I would have some to have with a salad for lunch tomorrow. Thank you Starrynews, made for Potluck Tag and taken to Let's Have a BBQ Party.