Curried Chicken Naan "taco"
photo by Jostlori
- Ready In:
- 2 cups bite-sized cooked chicken pieces
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained canned
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk, full-fat well stirred
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 4 naan bread
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup English cucumber, julienned
- Toss chicken, chickpeas, red pepper, green onion and raisins in a medium bowl until combined. Stir coconut milk with orange juice, sugar and curry powder until sugar dissolves. Stir into chicken mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or up to a day.
- When ready to serve, stir cashews into chicken mixture. Warm naan in toaster oven or in dry skillet set over medium-low heat.
- Turn naan breads upside down; divide filling lengthwise down centre. Fold over and stuff with spinach and cucumber. Serve with extra raisins and cashews as well as toasted unsweetened coconut and coarsely chopped coriander, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum! This was a most excellent way to use leftover chicken! Made for ZWT8 - India, and used leftover homemade Naan, tandoori chicken. Like Pat, we used at least twice as much curry as called for and it was fantastic! This would also be great on top of a bed of lettuce as a salad. Thanks for posting!
I scaled this back for 1, making it up in the morning to give time for the flavours to come together. I used a hot madrass curry and used twice as much as called for and loved it. We were a little late getting home for lunch and I was starving hungry so warmed up the yoghurt and mint naan in the microwave and piled the chicken on, forgot about the cashews, spinach and cucumber (will have to do it again and remember these ingredients). Anyway I really enjoyed and found what I had very filling (couldn't get all the chicken mix on the naan), also though I made it as a 'taco' I ended up tearing the naan and spooning the chicken onto and eating. Thank you ~Leslie~, made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #44 September 2010.
Delightful change of pace from your regular chicken wrap. Pretty healthy, too! There is a nice combination of flavors going on here...the curry, hint of orange flavor, etc... This recipe came together quickly and made for an easy dinner-on-the-go. Note: My naan bread wasn't as fresh as it should have been, so it didn't fold over nicely. I can't wait to try it with fresher naan! ~Made for ZWT6 Zee Zany Zesty Cookz~