Curried Brussels Sprouts
- Ready In:
- Saute onions in oil until transparent.
- Add brussels sprouts and cook on medium heat until starting to brown, but aren't charred.
- Add salt and the all-purpose curry powder.
- Add water, cover, and steam until water is absorbed and the sprouts are brown, soft, and creamy.
- Heat 1/4 teaspoon oil in a small pan.
- When hot, add the mustard seeds.
- When they start to pop or turn grey, add the urad dal. Cook until dal is light brown. (You can omit the urad dal if you don't have any handy.).
- Pour "sputtered" ingredients into the sprouts.
- Add squeezed lemon juice and stir and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Seattle, but have also lived in the DC area, the Mid-west, California, the South, and New England, as well as China and India plus travel a fair bit, so I have experienced a good number of cuisines and like them all. I eat mostly vegetarian and mostly do a lot of scratch cooking. I am known for my creative use of leftovers and whatever is in the fridge. Too bad those recipes can't go easily into Zaar.</p>