Curried Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cashews
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dry-roasted cashews
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Chop broccoli florets finely with a chef knife, or you may pulse"lightly" in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Toss broccoli with onions, raisins, and cashews in a mixing bowl.
- In another small bowl, stir together mayo, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, curry powder and salt.
- Use a whisk to blend well.
- Add dressing to salad and toss until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (to blend flavors).
- Garnish with crumbled bacon just before serving.
- Can be made up to one day in advance.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation