Curried Broccoli Casserole
- Ready In:
- 6 cups chopped broccoli (or 1 16oz. package frozen cut broccoli)
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 large red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Place fresh Broccoli and Carrots, covered, in a steamer and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until tender-crisp. If using frozen broccoli and carrots, cook according to package instructions.
- Drain Vegetables well.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, combine Onion, Red Pepper, Garlic, Soup, Cheese, Milk, and Curry Powder. Mix in Broccoli and Carrots.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Begin crushing Saltines, one at a time, over the casserole. Continue crushing and spreading until top is covered well.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place under Broiler set to Low for 2 minutes, or until Saltines become just a little brown (as a note, they burn fast, so keep an eye on them!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!