Cupcake Princess' Twice Baked Potatoes
This is my own recipe that I created for yummy cheesy twice baked potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 8 medium russet potatoes, baked
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or more)
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- mustard powder, to taste
- ground nutmeg, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for topping potatoes with
- In a small skillet saute white onion and oil until tender, set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lenthwise, and scoop out the insides with a grapefruit spoon over a large mixing bowl. Place potato insides into bowl and place the potato shells onto baking sheet.
- Mix together potato insides, cooked onion, sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, garlic, mustard, nutmeg, and hot sauce until smooth.
- Stir in green onions and cheese. Spoon filling into potato shells and sprinkle tops with the additional cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, then broil on low until tops are golden brown. Serve immediatly sprinkled with the additional chopped green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I have a passion for Twice-Baked potatoes but have never made them! I always believed that they were too much fuss to make at home, only ordering them when we went out. But, with this recipe, it took the fear out of failure and they turned out SO good! They were a meal in themselves. Followed the recipe exactly and added some nice crispy bacon to it that was leftover from breakfast. I wanted to add that my kid's had a great time putting this together. They were still talking about this recipe hours after dinner; that's a first! We'll be mkaing these potatoes often! A great recipe, Cupcake Princess! Made for Spring PAC 2010.