Cumin Crusted Sea Scallops With Mustard and Garam Masala
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons toasted ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 star anise
- 12 large sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- Combine chili, cumin, salt and pepper in a medium shallow bowl.
- Dredge one side of each scallop in the spice mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over high heat.
- Add mustard seeds, cardamom and star anise.
- Place the scallops in the heated pan, spice side down and cook for 3 minutes (until bottom edge is brown).
- Reduce the heat to low, turn the scallops for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Remove from pan and arrange the scallops around the plate.
- Drizzle the spice oil drippings from the pan over the scallops and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!