Cucumber Yoghurt Raita
Very cool and refreshing side dish, goes very well with spicy curries, naan bread and even grilled meat. This can be made upto a day in advance, cover and refrigerate and stir before serving.
- Ready In:
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled, seeded and grated
- 1 -2 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 375 ml plain yogurt
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted, for garnish
- Combine cucumber, spring onion, garlic, ginger, mint, lemon juice and yoghurt in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- Sprinkle over cumin seeds just before serving and serve chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 6 more