Cucumber Tomato Salad
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Equal sugar substitute or 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 cups cucumbers, sliced (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped (about 1 large)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Combine vinegar and sugar.
- Add cucumbers, tomatos and onions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Refrigerate, covered at least 30 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was not a huge fan of this. I am wondering if there is a typo with the Splenda. 3 Tablespoons was WAY too much! Maybe teaspoons. I taste-tested it while I was putting all that Splenda in there, in when I got to 1 1/2 tablespoons, I quit. I think with less sugar substiute and maybe a splash of balsamic it would be not as sweet.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born and raised in the midwest and my husband is from the South. I have been married for almost 5 years now and we both enjoy food - all kinds of food! Which has not been gentle to our waist line! I am now trying to cook low calorie, but yet tasteful meals and was SO happy to find this website! I have found tons of great recipes that I'm able to revise to the low-cal version!