Cucumber Slices With Smoked Salmon and Avocado Cream
photo by Calee
- Ready In:
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 -3 ounces of thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 ripe avocado, peeled pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions, including green stems
- Cut 18 rounds from cucumber (about 1/4 inch thick) and save any leftover for another use. Top each round with a thin slice of salmon cut to fit. Drizzle a little lemon juice over the salmon, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place avocado, sour cream, 1 teaspoon pf lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a food processor and process until smooth and blended.
- Garnish each cucumber slice with a dollop of avocado cream and sprinkle with green onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a cook by trade but currently, am busy at home with my children. I love to cook and try new recipes, and currently since I do stay home, am having a ball seeing how far I can make our dollars stretch. It is amazing with a little effort, how far things can really go. Now I am back at work part time, as a cook, and trying my best to balance everything, including good food for the fam I have a pet peeve, on this site, and that is when people rudely rate the food. Sometimes, a recipe is just not going to work for you and your family, but that doesn't make it bad. I really appreciate though when their is an obvious error, and someone kindly points that out, in a positive way.