Cucumber-Salmon Sandwiches With Dill
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 small cucumber, seeded, peeled, and diced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 12 miniature bagels, split (24 miniature rye bread slices may be substituted for bagels)
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- Process cream cheese and next 5 ingredients in a food processor until combined, stopping to scrape down sides. Cover cream cheese mixture, and chill 1 hour.
- Place split bagels on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until bagels (or rye bread slices) are toasted.
- Spread cucumber mixture on cut side of each bagel half, and top each portion with smoked salmon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I recently celebrated my 19th anniversary living in SW Florida. I moved here from Massachusetts, just north of Boston. As much as I miss family back home, I truly love living here - the beaches, the tropical beauty, the people, and the weather (except the hurricanes!). Everyday is just another day in Paradise. I work at the new international airport here in Fort Myers. I have an opportunity to meet many different and interesting people from around the world. I've had an interest in cooking since I was a little boy, following my grandmother around the kitchen. Since I wasn't blessed with any artistic or musical talent, I think cooking was my way of being creative. My passion is my family and friends. My second passion is cooking for them. My favorite way to entertain is informally...brunches, cookouts, and small dinner parties. Just relaxing, enjoying each other's company, some good food and drink, and a little fun are the only rules of the house.</p>