Cucumber Salad With Balsamic Dressing and Feta
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 20mins
- I peeled the cukes, but you don't have too. The yellow peel would add a nice splash of color. Slice them thin and put them in a pretty bowl.
- Note: If you don't want a lot of excess liquid, slice your cukes and let them sit overnight in a strainer. Extra liquid, if any, will drain from the them.
- If you got your onions fresh, as I did, you'll need to clean and trim them. Slice them very thin, including the greens. The darker green from the onions looks very pretty against the pale cucumbers. If you don't have any onion greens, 2 tbsp fresh chives will do.
For the dressing:
- Combine the vinegar, sugar and water. The meaurements I included here are approximate. You are welcome to make this to taste.
- Pour it over your salad and mix it well.
- Chill it overnight or at least several hours so the vinegar & onion flavors will combine. Stir it a couple of times to make sure the flavors are well incorporated.
- Crumble your feta over the salad before serving or combine it at the beginning to let it's flavors combine as well. The feta I used was what I had on hand so you're welcome to use any you wish.
- I've thought of adding some almonds or walnuts for an extra crunch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Ami and I share my home with my husband, Carey, our two small sons, James and Charles and our daughters Meradydd (it's pronounced Meradith)and Kathrynn. Until recently, I was a Specialist in the National Guard. I'm pretty eclectic in my studies and I've learned a lot becuase of that since I don't limit myself. Right now I'm taking classes for animal care. I've also been studying a lot about herbalism and really enjoy learning about that. My mother and I also run a home based business for natural soap, balms, etc. We use only the most the natural ingredients available. I'm also a Mary Kay consultant. Busy, huh? :D I love to read and learn new things. My husband says our books will be the death of us. LOL. I love to cook and experiment. I also like to take walks, rain or not.