A refreshing recipe from Holland.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 3 -4 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Sprinkle the salt over the cucumber slices and allow to sit for several hours, shaking occasionally.
- Wash the salt off the cucumbers.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oil, sugar, salt (to taste), and pepper (to taste). Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Add the cucumber and onion slices and mix well.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 9 more