Cubed Chicken With Coffee Sauce
A chicken dish from Sao Tome. Posted for ZWT7.
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken thighs, cubed and with skin removed
- 150 ml filter coffee
- 500 ml white wine
- 150 ml cream
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 50 g butter
- 4 red chilies, pounded to a paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 coffee beans
- Add the butter to a pan and fry the cubed chicken. Mix-in the chillies, garlic and bayleaf.
- When the chicken is golden brown in colour remove from the pan and set aside. Add the wine and coffee to the pan and continue cooking until the sauce has thickened appreciably then add the coffee beans and cream.
- Mix well, return the chicken pieces to the pan and cook for 15 minutes. Serve on a bed of rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
To be honest I thought this was an interesting recipe but was really surprised by how much we enjoyed it. The sauce has some heat but just enough, and the coffee and wine blend together beautifully. Only issue I had was that the sauce never got thicker, so I cheated a little and added some cornstarch dissolved in cold water to it. Thanks for sharing! Made for Witchin Kitchen ZWT7.