Cube Steak With Mushroom-Onion Gravy
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 4 -6 fresh beef cube steaks
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can campbell's beefy mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Adolph's meat tenderizer
- Season cube steaks with salt pepper and meat tenderizer.
- Brown steaks in electric skillet using scant oil or cooking spray.
- Add 1 cup of water, dry soup mix, and canned soup.
- Stir to mix dry and wet ingredients.
- Cover and cook on lowest setting for two hours.
- Remove meat to plate and thicken gravy with a little corn starch in water.
- Serve meat topped with gravy and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A very tasty dish, and very easy to make! We'll be having this again. 4 stars only because it was a tad bit on the salty side for me, but not unbearable. Next time I'd try 1/2 an envelope of onion soup mix and see how that goes. The meat is very tender - didn't even need a knife. And it makes lots of gravy for potatoes or noodles. I didn't need any starch at the end for thickening - just right as is.