Cube Steak Stroganoff
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Saving Dinner, Leanne Ely. Serve with pasta, baked sweet potatoes, and steamed kale.
- Ready In:
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 cube steaks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil and brown cube steaks on both sides, salting and peppering both sides as they cook.
- When cooked to your liking, remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil and add in onions and mushrooms, cooking until wilted and all liquid is evaporated.
- Add in chicken broth and stir, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a boil, decrease heat, and cook for about a minute until reduced slightly.
- Remove pan from heat; add in sour cream, mustard, and tarragon.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and add the beef (juice and all) to the pan; heat through; serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION