Cube Steak & Chili Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 -5 cube steaks
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package onion soup mix (dry)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon penzy's beef roast seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons bottled. chili sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- Put the oil in a dutch oven, and fry steaks over high-medium heat til browned.
- Add soup mix, water, minced onion,pepper,salt if desired,and cover with lid. turn heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes. Check on it occassionally.
- Add rest of ingredients, and cook another 30 minutes.
- Can be served over noodles,if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a great grandmother, love to cook and bake, and love cooking with wine. I like to try new recipes, and enjoy sharing the kitchen with my husband, who has been cooking about 2 years.I love bread making, and have a?43 year old sourdough starter.I used to be an stna in home health care til I fell. My pet peeve is stupid commercials which assume all us public people are also stupid, and I especially don't like that gyco(may be spelled wrong) lizard. I'd love to step on him.</p>