- Ready In:
- 1 loaf Cuban bread (if not available, use a French or Italian loaf from the deli)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb ham, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb pork roast, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 lb genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat sandwich press.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread inside top and bottom with mustard and mayonnaise.
- On bottom half, layer pickle slices,Swiss cheese, ham, pork and salami.
- Cover with top half of bread.
- Cut the loaf into 4 equal sandwich portions.
- Lightly butter top and bottom of each sandwich and press on the grill until the bread is crusty and the cheese is melted.
- Slice in half diagonally and serve.
- *** Note - if you don't have a panini press or a sandwich grill type appliance, just use 2 heavy skillets - 1 to cook in and the other on top of the sandwiches to press them down. I would suggest covering the bottom of the pressing-skillet with aluminum foil.
Join The Conversation