Cuban Bread Kitchenaid
photo by petlover
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1. In mixer bowl dissolve yeast and sugar into warm water. Let the yeast proof until bubbly ( 5 plus minutes).
- 2.) Add 1 cup of flour and salt to bowl and mix with dough hook.
- 3.) While hook is going, keep adding flour a few Tb's at a time until a soft elastic dough is formed. You may use and the 3 cups of flour or more or less. After a soft dough ball has formed, let the machine knead for an additional 7 minutes.
- 4.) Stop mixer and let dough sit in bowl for 3 minutes.
- 5.) Form dough into ball and place in very lightly oiled bowl . Roll the ball around just so the oil is on the top of the bread. Cover with saran wrap and let rise , in a warm place, until doubled.
- 6.) Punch down dough and roll into a loaf approx 12 " long. Place loaf onto french loaf pan ( which has been sprayed with non-stick spray).
- 7.) Slash the top 3x and cover the loaf with saran wrap. Let rise for 10 minutes .
- 8.) Preheat oven ( by now i have already done this) to 400°F Place a bowl of boiling water on the bottom of the oven ( or on a lower shelf).
- 9.) Bake 25 - 35 minutes until loaves are golden brown.
- 10.) Invert and cool on rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.