Crystal Pork in Orange Sauce
photo by AmandaInOz
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500 g boneless lean pork, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1⁄4 cup cashew nuts
- hot cooked rice
- orange slice (optional)
- Combine orange peel, orange juice, soy sauce, cornflour, sugar and ginger until blended. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, stir fry carrots and celery in hot oil until crisp-tender, this takes about 4-5 minutes. Remove vegetables from the wok and set aside.
- Stir fry the pork cubes until well browned, this should take about 5 minutes, adding more oil if necessary.
- Stir in orange juice mixture and add to pork, and add in cashews. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Return vegetables to wok or skillet, cover and heat through for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked rice and decorate with orange slices if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!