Crusty Herb Fried Chicken (Baked)
photo by kzbhansen
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme and marjoram. let stand for 30 minute to 1 hour.
- Roll in flour and fry in hot fat or salad oil just long enough to brown on both sides.
- Remove and place in baking pan.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour water into frying pan and stir thoroughly scraping bits from bottom of pan.
- Pour liquid over chicken.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Prep time includes stand time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really very good. Very easy to prepare and a nice balance of herbs. We did find that the taste was improved by sprinkling lemon juice over the chicken before the oven stage (hence the four stars) but this may be purely a taste preference on our part. Certainly worthy of five stars if you are not a lemon junkie.
This chicken is outstanding! I sprinkled the chicken with rosemary,thyme,sage,garlic powder, and cayenne also took the advice of putting it under the skin as well, I made one mistake and that was I forgot to roll it in flour before browning but it didn't seem to matter it was still crisp and the most flavorful chicken I have ever made. I am sure it is obvious but maybe not, I did drain off the hot oil before adding the water to the pan. Served with corn and buttered noodles. I will make this many many times, my husband raved also.