Crustless Spinach Quiche With Pancetta
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a 9 inch pie dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Squeeze all the water out of the frozen spinach and put the spinach in a large bowl. Put the shredded cheeses in the bowl, along with the nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add the milk. Combine the egg-milk mixture with the spinach-cheese mixture.
- Brown the pancetta cubes in a medium skillet. Drain the pancetta cubes on paper towel, then add to the bowl with the spinach and eggs.
- Brown the onion in the drippings in the skillet used to cook the pancetta. Drain the onions on the paper towels and add to the spinach and eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie dish, and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 6 wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Columbus, Ohio, and work as a cashier supervisor, a job I actually love most days. I'm a single woman, but I do love to cook for myself, friends and family. I am an inveterate recipe collector and I read cookbooks the way other people read the current fiction best seller. I am forever tweaking and playing with recipes, as I tend to think of them as general guidelines that are open to interpretation and adaptation. I believe that there is no reason to subject yourself to drive-throughs and fast food just because you're cooking for one or two because if you can read, you can cook.