Crustless Quiche Clafouti With Tomatoes & Basil
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for greasing pan
- 1⁄4 cup whole fresh basil leaf
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes or 2 pints grape tomatoes
- Grease and line the bottom and sides of a 10-inch quiche mold or springform pan with parchment paper.
- Put the basil leaves in a small cup, and coat with the tablespoon of olive oil, letting them macerate while you prepare the quiche.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. Then stir in the creme fraiche, milk, goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, flour, salt, and freshly ground pepper to taste, making sure there are no lumps of flour.
- Put the cherry tomatoes in the prepared pan, cover with the egg mixture, and poke the basil leaves in throughout.
- Put the quiche in a cold oven, and then turn up the heat to 350°F Cook for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the quiche starts to turn slightly golden on top. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!