Crustless Gluten-Free Thai Massman Curry Quiche
photo by mickeydownunder
- Ready In:
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 7 eggs
- 350 ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry paste
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 red capsicum, diced (sweet pepper)
- 1⁄4 green capsicum, diced
- 1⁄4 yellow pepper, diced
- cooking spray (optional)
- lime (optional but recommended ,-)
- red chili, finely diced (optional but recommended ,-)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (~400F).
- Peel sweet potato and cut into desired pieces; toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Hint and Tip.
- I “know” it is a very American thing to do re “Shake and Bake“, but found it was HEAPS easier to place the sweet potato pieces in a Ziploc and “fully coat” the sweet potato with oil, salt and pepper.
- Feel free to substitute other spices on the sweet potato.
- Spread coated sweet potato on a flat tray and bake for about 15 minutes or until soft; remove from oven; set aside.
- My sweet potato was “lovely and gold brown” at exactly the 15 minute mark.
- Cut capsicum into small diced pieces; in fry pan, saute for about 5 minutes until slightly soft; set aside; “slightly” cool.
- PERSONAL NOTE.
- I thought the capsicum would be nice sauteed in a non stick pan for about 5 minutes, until JUST turning light brown and becoming slightly soft.
- In a blender, combine corn kernels, AYAM Gluten Free Certified Organic Coconut Milk, and Gluten free AYAM Thai Massaman Curry Paste.
- Stir in cheese into the mixture and pour into a fluted pie pan (or whatever pie pan you choose); add cooked vegetable then stir “slightly” so some vegetables “sink” and some vegetables are still “floating” ;-).
- Can use baking paper or Gluten Free Oil Spray so quiche does not stick.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until quiche is firm.
- Remove and allow to cool before removing from you quiche pan.
- Hint and Tip.
- If the top starts to get “too brown”, cover with al foil and continue baking until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>G'day! I'm 51, married, born and bred in NY, am now an Aussie who calls Australia home! I love animals, nature, reading, entering competitions and consider myself S-P-O-N-T-A-N-E-O-U-S and B-U-B-B-L-Y in my personality! I am quite FASCINATED with people and things U-N-I-Q-U-E, JUST like ME! I am VERY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about cooking and trying recipes from all world cusines! I LOVE to eat and enjoy our South Australian red wine! :)I have started a Home Cook blog which I am EXTREMELY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about called What's On The List? and I hope to be able to inspire people around the world one recipe and one event at a time too! http://whatsonthelist.net So come on over and please let me know what you think too!WHOO HOO WHOO HOO!</p>