Crushed Red Potatoes with Garlic
Another take on mashed potatoes to impress company or your family!
- Ready In:
- 4 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup butter
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- Cut potatoes into even sized chunks.
- Place in cold, salted water& bring to a boil.
- Lower heat& simmer until tender, about 10- 15 minutes.
- Drain well& place back on burner (heat off) for several minutes.
- Shake pot occasionally to dry potatoes.
- Season to taste.
- Crush with a potato masher but leave some texture in the potatoes.
- Melt butter in skillet on low heat.
- Add garlic& saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Remove garlic& reserve.
- Pour butter over potatoes& gently combine.
- Pile in buttered serving dish& stud with garlic.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I also reduced the recipe since it was only DH and myself. I knew when I saw this recipe that I would love it! We love potatoes and this recipe is just scrumptious! I prepared it as directed with the exception of reducing the amount. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. The recipe turns out just as expected! Thanks CountryLady!Reply
see 8 more