Crunchy Sweet Corn Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup dry polenta (coarse-grind cornmeal)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 15 muffin or cupcake tins very well. If using the jumbo size tins, this makes 8. I use nonstick spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients well.
- Beat together, milk, sour cream, egg, softened butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Ladle mixture into muffins tins. Fill about 2/3 full. You could probably try filling them higher to make a total of 12 muffins, but I like them smaller (lots of calories in these).
- Bake until lightly browned on the edges, about 20-25 minutes in my oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!