Crunchy Pork Noodle Balls
- Ready In:
- 1 (60 g) package dried egg noodles (60g)
- 250 g pork mince
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely (100g)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour (35g)
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- peanut oil, for deep-frying
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce (80ml)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Crumble noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand for five minutes or until tender; drain.
- Combine the noodles with the pork, onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, egg yolk, flour, sambal oelek, fish sauce and salt in a bowl; mix well. Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls.
- Deep-fry pork balls in hot oil, in batches, until browned and cooked through. Serve pork balls with thecombined chilli sauce and lime juice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Keilor Downs, Victoria in Australia. I am a receptionist in Melbourne. My favorite cook books are anything Weight Watchers or Simply 2 good 2 be true also any muffin or scone cook books. I love cooking easy stuff but I love a challange ocasionaly on the weekends when i have a bit more time. My pet peeve is how much capsicum/bell peppers are in recipes now as i am elergic to them.