Crunchy Curried Chicken Breasts
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed & patted dry
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water (you may want to add a bit more as you go on)
- vegetable oil, for the pan (apprx enough oil to have 1/8-inch on the pan)
- 2 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Rub the chicken all over with the vinegar.
- Combine salt, pepper& curry powder and rub this mixture into the chicken.
- Mix flour& water together to make a paste about the thickness of yogurt, coat the chicken pieces (dip the chicken into the batter).
- Heat the oil in a skillet and when it is hot add chicken pieces.
- Keep a good constant sizzle to the frying chicken but regulate the heat so it does not burn the chicken.
- After 2 minutes rotate the chicken (do not flip yet) so the pieces are getting even heat& crispness on all the edges.
- After another 2 minutes (4 minutes total) flip the chicken and continue cooking the other side.
- Sprinkle with a little juice or vinegar just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OMG! I am a new convert to curry recipes, and I have to tell you, I LOVED this, and so did DH. I followed Bergy's suggestion and used the ingredients as listed. The only thing I did differently was, since there are only the two of us and I had leftover spice mix, I added it to the batter before dipping and frying. It was AWESOME - although I do recommend the purchase/use of a BIG splatter screen! I'm still cleaning up, but it was worth it! Thanks, Bergy, for the great post!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
On January 10 2010 I will celebrate 9 years of Life with Zaar. I can't imagine being without it! It has become part of my daily routine. I feel very privileged to be one of the hosts on the Photo Forum. Taking photos of my culinary efforts is a full time hobby and I love it. My friends all know what to expect when they come to dinner "Are you finished taking pictures?" or "Did you get a photo of so & so?" I never let them wait too long and the food is NEVER cold! I now have over 6000 photos on Zaar - some fairly good and some definitely not so good. I am happy to say that practice does help. My roots are in Vancouver BC Canada - a very beautiful city that holds many wonderful memories for me. In 1990, I decided that for my retirement years I may want to settle in a smaller community and found a slice of heaven in the North Okanagan B.C. I love living here but every once in a while I miss the bright city lights, the Broadway shows and some of the small wonderful ethnic restaurants that Vancouver abounds in. That is easily resolved. I just take a trip to the coast, visit with friends for a weekend see a show and feast on Dim Sum or other specialty foods. I am getting a bit long in the tooth but was a very adventurous person. I have river rafted Hell's Gate on the Fraser river, been up in a glider over Hawaii (no not a Hang Glider!), gone hot air ballooning in the Napa Valley & the Fraser Valley, driven dune buggies on the dunes in Oregon, Para sailing in Mexico and tried many other adventurous, challenging, fun things. I have yet to try bungee jumping or sky diving. I may do them yet. I love to travel and experience other cultures. Mexco has been a favorite haunt. I have visited that lovely country many many times. Australia is another favorite as is England! In the past 16 months I have taken off 61 pounds and feel wonderful. I am off all medications and all systems are GO! In years I may be 79 but in spirit I am still in my forties. We are only as old as we allow ourselves to feel. Always think positive. Do something a bit challenging every day & always do something silly every day. Be a kid again! Laugh every day - it is internal jogging. Here are a few of my photos <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" allowFullscreen="true" src="http://w615.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w615.photobucket.com/albums/tt233/Bergylicious/ABM slideshow/d95d7a18.pbw" height="360" width="480">