Crunchy Crust Peach Cobbler
photo by Ceezie
- Ready In:
- 2 quarts peaches, drained or 6 -8 fresh peaches
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 1/2 tablespoons Clear Jel
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Combine peaches (drained), cornstarch or clear jel and sugar; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For crust, combine flour, egg yolks, butter, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Gently fold in stiff egg whites - this is a kind of a crumbly dough. Drop and then spread over peaches.
- Bake at 375° for about 45 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling around edges and top is golden. Serve with whipped topping or a dusting of powdered sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am going to use this spot to put some of my favorite cooking tips and tricks that don't really warrant going in as a recipe and so I don't lose them!!