Crunchy Asian Broccoli Slaw
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I get cravings for this. Modified from the Atlanta Journal. Perfect for summer parties or anytime.
- Ready In:
- 2 (12 ounce) bags broccoli slaw mix
- 1 (6 ounce) bag dried cranberries
- 1 (4 ounce) bag sunflower seeds or (4 ounce) bag sesame seeds
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, uncooked and crushed
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup sesame oil
- For dressing:.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle in the oil, whisking as you go, until well mixed and set aside.
- For slaw:.
- Heat a dry medium frying pan over low heat and toast the nuts or seeds for about 1 minute until lightly browned and/or fragrant. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the slaw mix, onions, nuts or seeds, cranberries and ramen noodles. Drizzle with dressing and toss until well coated. Refrigerate until serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This salad is the bomb! I made it for supper last night to have with our ribs. I ate some for a late night snack last night and now I just ate some for lunch...this stuff is addicting! I added some snow peas for crunch and toasted mixed nuts. A wonderful mix of flavors...thank so much for posting LizzyGirl!Reply