Crumbed Calamari With Lemon and Garlic Aioli
- Ready In:
- 750 g cleaned calamari, hoods
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 cups corn flake crumbs or 4 cups breadcrumbs
- vegetable seasoning
- canola oil, for deep frying
- egg mayonnaise
- crushed garlic
- salt & pepper
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut calamari into 1 cm thick rings.
- Place flour, salt & pepper into a bowl, mix through.
- Beat eggs and water in a separate bow.
- Place cornflake crumbs or breadcrumbs and a couple of decent sized sprinkles of vegetable seasoning into a third bowl and mix.
- Coat calamari in flour mix, dip into egg mixture and then coat in breadcrumb mixture. Press breadcrumbs on with fingertips. Place on lined baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 150. Pour oil into a deep, heavy-based saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook calamari rings in batches for 2 to 3 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove calamari to a wire rack over a lined baking tray. Keep warm in oven whilst cooking remaining calamari.
- Mix 3-4 tblspns of good egg mayonnaise with a squeeze of lemon juice and a couple of tspns of crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Serve calamari with the garlic/lemon aioli, chips and salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Perth, Western Australia. I am an Office Manager in a Mining Exploration Company. I love summer and going to the beach. I also like rugging up in warm clothing during winter. I love watching cable tv with my hubby on quiet nights at home. I love cooking with a glass of red wine but equally I like a beer or two! I have two cats who I adore but who live with my parents as our place is on a main road and I want them to have a long life. We have recently acquired 2 Jack Russell puppies who are so adorable. They are now part of our little family. DH and I like to get away down south of Western Australia at least 4 times a year. We are happy to stay in 5 star hotels or camp! Depends on the mood! We have recently purchased a block way down south of Western Australia in a little coastal town called Hopetoun. We are looking forward to building a house and spending a lot more time down there, with the view that we will retire down there and enjoy our fishing life. I am happy with my life and look forward to having children with my lovely husband. I don't have many dislikes but I do dislike bitchiness and arrogance. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">