Crumbed Beef Sausages
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
16 1/2 sausages
- 1⁄2 kg beef sausage (8 thick breakfast sausages)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs (dried packaged)
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 4 -6 tablespoons oil
- Put sausages into a pot of boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and let cool till handling point (don't worry if skin has come off).
- Half the sausages lengthwise.
- Mix egg a milk together, put flour onto a plate and breadcrumbs onto another plate.
- Dip sausage half into flour, then egg/milk and then the crumbs; repeat till all sausages are crumbed.
- Heat oil in frypan on a medium heat and fry sausages in batches if required.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
YUM!!! I haven't had crumbed sausages for soooo long. These were delicious. I used Lamb flavoured sausages, but otherwise followed this exactly. Great idea to cut them in half - makes things so much easier. I added some chilli flakes to the crumbs, but as suggested there are so many variations to this dish. Great and quick weeknight meal. Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.