Crumb-Coated Potato Halves
When baking potatoes, I used to cut them in half, brush with butter, then salt & pepper before baking them, cut side up. Here's a dressed up version of that!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In shallow pan, combine bread crumbs, paprika, salt & pepper.
- Brush sliced side of potato halves with butter, before dipping each into crumb mixture to coat.
- Place in 13"x9" baking dish & cover.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These were pretty good and easy enough, but I felt like they were missing something. Next time, I may use panko crumbs, for a bit more crunch. My potatoes were not especially large, but they needed more than an hour to be done. :( I did leave them covered for the majority of cooking time, but after testing for doneness after an hour, I removed the foil, to hasten the baking time. Maybe I'd up the temp a little too, but it is perfect if you're going to be roasting your meat. Thanks for a new take on potatoes, Syd!