Crostini Sandwich With Mushrooms and Mascarpone
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 8 slices country bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 6 -8 cups trimmed sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 1 teaspoon tarragon or 1 teaspoon sage
- 3 tablespoons brandy or 3 tablespoons cognac
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter with 1 teaspoon garlic in a big skillet.
- Brush this mixture on both sides of the bread; place bread in one layer on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 8 tablespoons butter in the same skillet; add in remaining garlic and shallots; gently saute until the garlic is soft, about 5minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and herbs; increase heat; saute until mushrooms are cooked through, 10 minutes about.
- Add in the brandy; allow it to evaporate.
- Add in the cream and mascarpone; bring to a boil; decrease heat, and simmer for 2 minutes to thicken and reduce the cream.
- Add up to 1 teaspoon salt and the cracked pepper; decrease heat to keep the mixture warm.
- Toast both sides of the bread under the broiler; place 1 slice on each of 4 heated serving plates; divided the mushroom mixture among them, and top with the remaining toast.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note