Crostini Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Ready In:
- 1 baguette
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, -flavored if desired
- 2 tablespoons mustard, -gourmet stone ground, american
- cheese, sliced, at least 2 recommend (gouda, sharp white cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella, goat cheese)
- italian sliced lunch meat (optional)
- parmesan cheese, romano cheese blend
- Slice baguette into 1/4-1/2 inch slices on the bias. Spread one side of each piece with butter. Place butter side down, and put condiments of choice on the side opposite the butter. Tear cheese slices to fit size and shape of bread. place cheese of choice and/or meat on one slice of bread and assemble with a second slice of bread.
- Heat pan to medium - medium high.
- Shake parmigian/romano blend onto a plate. Dredge both sides of each sandwich in the cheese.
- Place in pan and press with spatula, or place in a panini maker. Grill to desired golden brown color.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!