Crossing-Culture Chinese Hoisin Pizza
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce, plus
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 6 green onions, cut on the diagonal into thin slices (include some green tops)
- 1 (12 inch) Boboli pizza crusts
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaf
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven; preheat oven to 500°.
- While the oven is heating, toss the chicken with 3 tablespoons hoisin, garlic, ginger, sambal oelek, and 3 of the green onions.
- Remove crust from plastic bag and save the packet of tomato sauce for another use.
- Place crust on a pizza screen, pizza pan, or rimless baking sheet.
- Top the pizza: spread ¼ cup hoisin sauce evenly over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Distribute the white onion over the sauce; arrange chicken mixture in a single layer over the onion.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Place the pizza in the oven; bake about 10 minutes until the crust is crisp and deep golden brown and the cheese is golden.
- Sprinkle the remaining green onions and cilantro over the pizza; slice the pizza into wedges and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
to begin (to give context to my review) I have my own restaraunt size Pizza oven and have been cooking pizzas for years. I am very good at making pizza and am regurlary completemented on the quality of what I make. This recipe is a favourite for a lot of my freinds and family. If you are making this recipe use your discresion on the Hoisin sauce in the base, apply it as a bbq base (sparingly), I thought this to be obvious but based on other reviews it is clearly not. Please DO NOT dismiss this recipe based on other reviews. I can guarantee if you do this right and enjoy hoisin then you will love it. My oven in action :)Reply
My partner and I could not eat it - and I had so been looking forward to this recipe, it sounded delicious. The hoisin sauce totally overpowered all other flavours. I fear it may have put me off using hoisin sauce for anything, ever again! The pizza ended up in the bin. Definitely do cut down on the hoisin, drastically!Reply
see 7 more