Crockpot Split Pea and Smoked Turkey Soup
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 15mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups dried split peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped cooked smoked turkey, cooked turkey sausage or 2 cups sliced cooked turkey sausage
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely chopped (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 large yellow sweet peppers (1 cup) or 1 large green sweet pepper, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (42 ounces total)
- In a 3-1/2 or 4-quart crockpot combine split peas, smoked turkey, carrots, sweet pepper, onion, basil, oregano, and garlic. Pour broth over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on LO heat for 10-12 hours or on HI heat for 5-6 hours. Stir before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!